Why they’re different:
The usual agency model tends to do either or both of the following: focus on sales and then outsourcing a lot of the work to other agencies or overseas, or giving the work in-house to junior account managers who are often looking after 20 businesses at a time. Where’s the value in that?
WLKR Digital keep the team small and agile deliberately. They work with clients in all kinds of industries that have one common thread: they think outside the box and love to do things differently (take Future Advisory for example). The traditional account manager role doesn’t exist at WLKR – whilst clients do have one point of contact, the entire team will weigh in on each business to ensure all their strengths are being utilised to full capacity.
- As a first time business owner, Victoria’s biggest knowledge gap was around the numbers.
- Cashflow management and forecasting.
- Understanding how to grow the business in a healthy way.
- Getting WLKR Digital onto the cloud.
- Encouraging to hire based off the numbers and education around how to use those numbers to make information decision.
- Polish internal processes to ensure healthy and sustainable growth.
- Xero and Practice Ignition were the first port of call. Future Advisory implemented them for Victoria and she was trained in how to use both softwares too.
- Monthly business advisory meetings begun and in these sessions, the ins and outs of cashflow was covered.
- WLKR Digital was restructured to include a trust and company, proving to be more tax effective as well as protect personal assets.
WLKR Digital is now a team of five (with additional sub contractors where needed) who have been able to expand at an impressive rate over the last couple of years. Victoria has made the transition from freelancers to full blown company Director which many people in creative fields struggle to do (it takes a LOT of hard work and the right advice). WLKR have grown their service offering this year with WLKR Video and Podcasting having launched recently. They have secured impressive clients such as Lindt Chocolate Australia and have also played an integral role with the growth and digital success of Future Advisory.