Who they are:
Ven was founded in 2015 and has evolved in leaps and bounds since then. Co-director Steve’s background was in design for multimedia systems which set him up perfectly to then do further study in web-specific fields and digital marketing. Andy, Ven’s other Director was experienced in communications and SEO. The combination of their skillset meant that founding Ven just made sense.
What they do:
Web design, development and SEO. Website hosting and maintenance also go hand in hand with their offering. Ven are involved from the concept creation of a website, to building it and bringing it to life, and then making sure it’s found via SEO. It’s their belief that everyone has an idea of what makes a good website but past that, people don’t realise that separate to a new website, there’s work to do to in having it found, and then further work to ensure those leads turn into conversions. This is where Ven’s strengths come into play – their speciality is marrying good design with even better strategy.
Why they’re different:
Ven don’t claim to do everything, they stick to their guns, know what they’re good at, partnering with the right companies for complementary services. Ven work very closely with clients and ensure that goals and needs are met, without outsourcing to other companies. They have a global team with Andy being Vietnamese, and an office in Ho Chi Minh. This means Ven can service businesses around the world while maintaining top notch quality without having to raise prices up to meet the standard in Melbourne.
- Knowing when to hire and how to grow the business in the right way
- Contracting and cashflow management and tracking
- Reconciling and bookkeeping
- The Future Advisory team sat down and went over all projects, got to know the business inside and out, and then looked at the books.
- Ven needed tech to help with contracting
- Take them onto the cloud
- After looking at the books and getting to know the business, we could assist them with the decision to expand the team using important factors such as the salary the business could afford and the areas they most needed support in.
- Practice Ignition was used to solve contracting issues
- Xero was implemented to have Ven across their cashflow and to make reconciliation and bookkeeping an easy process. This part of the job is now outsourced to Future Advisory!
“In Ven’s story, there’s a before Future Advisory and after Future Advisory split. Since coming on board with Future Advisory, Ven has streamlined processes within the business with a strong focus on client management. Steve and Andy have gained a general understanding of numbers and are now able to turn around and ask questions without having additional bills thrown at them which they find to be incredibly valuable. Regardless of how busy, they know a team member will get back to you and help. Knowing their numbers and understanding what they mean has also helped them to make business decisions and led to incredible growth over the past two years.”